February 24, 2009

Gather 'round.

Please regard these next few pictures carefully for they hold historic value. These are the last pictures that will be taken of the damaged boat:



































Because all of that damage is tucked away under brand spanking new smelly gel coat!










Lets give this boat a round of applause folks. This is quite a milestone. She's been sitting so patiently waiting for this day, never yelling at me, never asking if I really knew what I was doing, just quietly appreciating that someone was taking the time. If she could, she'd crack open a bottle of wine in celebration of this victorious day.
But she can't so I guess I'll have to.
Muwha! <---rich snobby person chuckle



Okay, back to business. There's a bunch of sanding to be done. A. Bunch. I will have arms of steal after this.
Still, I'll get that surface as smooth as pudding, finish removing that one wood grain sticker, decide on stripes ( to update her and add some pizazz), and fix the bow handle. Then, we're going sailing, woot!



I do believe I caught the ol' gal smiling...







"When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better." ~Anonymous


Next >

No comments: